There are many rewarding opportunities to get involved with The Foundation and support Guelph General Hospital.
Request for Quote – Professional Photography Services
The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital is seeking a professional photographer, with a team of two to photograph our 27th annual fundraising gala – Black Tie Bingo. The event will take place on Saturday, March 4th, 2023 with over 400 guests in attendance at The Grand Guelph.
Black Tie Bingo is one of Guelph’s premier fundraising galas, raising funds to support Guelph General Hospital. For 26 years now, it’s been held annually by The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital on the first Saturday of March. Black Tie Bingo has raised over $4 million in net fundraising revenue and has funded close to 100 pieces of essential patient care equipment: IV pumps, specialized ICU patient beds, surgical equipment, diagnostic equipment and much more. In 2022, proceeds helped complete the fundraising for a new MRI scanner.
Black Tie Bingo celebrates philanthropy and its role in providing world-class hospital care close to home for those who live in Guelph and Wellington County.
Consideration for Service:
As we aim to raise the most funds possible through Black Tie Bingo in support of Guelph General Hospital and in attempt to help keep our costs down, please also consider offering full or part of your service as a donation to The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital. Should you choose to offer this, you will be recognized as an in-kind partner/sponsor in our promotional marketing material.
Requirements of Service:
The successful candidate(s) will capture images of the 2023 Black Tie Bingo at The Grand Guelph Banquet & Event Centre on Saturday, March 4th, beginning at 5:00 p.m. and ending around 10:30 p.m.
The successful candidate(s) should be able to provide the following;
- Be able to supply two photographers for the evening of Black Tie Bingo. This can be a business partner or an assistant with professional experience.
- All photographers must have their own digital and professional equipment supplies
- Must be able to provide a small selection of about 12 photos by end of day Monday,
- March 6th to accompany our Black Tie Bingo press release
- Must be able to provide photos of all elements of the evening; red carpet, guest tables, candid shots of guests, silent and live auction, bingo, award recipient, guest speakers
Be able to provide access to photo gallery online post-event with ability to download photos
- Must provide all useable photos to The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, with no restrictions to use photos in the form of Marketing for The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital
- Must be able to provide all finalized photos from Black Tie Bingo to The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital 10 days after the event.
Instructions for submission:
If interested please provide the following details to The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital:
- Brief description of yourself/organization
- Include a website address to view samples of relevant work
- If a website isn’t available, please supply a portfolio of completed work
- Where possible include photos from previous events you have photographed
- A quote including all incidentals (such as gas, insurance, expenses, etc.)
- Any relevant details you feel would support your quote.
Please submit all required criteria to Lauren Fargo by email: [email protected] by 12:00 noon, Monday January 23rd, 2023. Please include: “BTB Professional Photography Services” in the subject line.
Quote Evaluation Criteria:
All quotes will be reviewed and rated by The Foundation of Guelph General Hospitals Marketing/Communications team. Incomplete quotes or quotes that fail to follow the submission guidelines will not be considered for review.
Notification of Award:
Quotes will be reviewed with notification of acceptance or refusal within one week of submission deadline.
Fundraising Events & Lottery Coordinator
The foundation of Guelph General Hospital
E: [email protected]
T: 519-837-6440 Ext 3317
Request for Quote – Videography
Project: Inaugural Inspirational Philanthropist Award Recipient Tribute Video
At The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, we share the Hospital’s vision of working together to create a healthier community for everyone. Our mission is to transform healthcare within our community through giving.
This year, we established the Inspirational Philanthropist Award to recognize the outstanding community members who have furthered the mission, vision and values of The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital.
This special honour celebrates an individual, family or organization who has demonstrated an abiding commitment to Guelph General Hospital as well as the wider community through their exceptional contributions through business, volunteerism and/or philanthropy. In addition to recognizing extraordinary community members, the award is also intended to inspire others to follow suit.
The inaugural recipient will be announced at our annual Black Tie Bingo fundraising gala on March 4, 2023 and we wish to pay tribute to them with a short video that demonstrates why the recipient is deserving of this award.
The video will also be shared more broadly following the event.
The overall tone is to be uplifting and inspiring.
- Quotes due Friday, January 13, 2023
- Job awarded Tuesday, January 16, 2023
- Finished video due Friday, February 24, 2023
Video Outline/ Requirements:
A finished video no longer than 3 minutes. A total of four speakers filmed at a single location. Unscripted, each speaker will be asked some specific questions/ to comment about the award recipients. The footage is to be combined with B-roll comprised of photographs, copies of past news articles and photos of recognition plaques/ signs. Captioning will be used to help describe some of the B-roll. Breaks between speakers may be used with captioning on a black screen to emphasize specific quotes or messages.
Videographer is to provide neutral backdrop, lighting, and all necessary sound and camera equipment to capture the footage.
The Foundation will source a location for filming, schedule all speakers, provide all B-roll assets, logo graphics and work with the videographer to determine how to weave all the elements together into a cohesive story, including where to place B-roll and text for captioning.
Videographer to edit footage and B-roll as well as source and supply stock music into a finished video in MP4 format.
Please submit quote to Elizabeth Stewart by email: [email protected] by 4:00 p.m. Friday, January 13, 2023
Along with your quote, please submit past examples of your work that are relevant to our current project. Please also confirm that you can meet our timelines.
Manager, Annual Giving, Marketing & Communications
The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital
E: [email protected]
T: 519-837-6440 x2296
Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Are you passionate about connecting with people, building community, and making positive change? Have you ever experienced the impact of compassionate healthcare? Do you want to play an important role in transforming healthcare for our Guelph-Wellington community now, and in the years to come?
If you have a track record of progressive experience in fundraising and are seeking a new challenge in the area of major gifts, please review and consider applying today for this position.
The Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts, is responsible for developing relationships with donors, prospects, corporations and volunteers to advance the mission of The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital to transform healthcare through giving.
They will actively research, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts, with a focus on contributions of $10,000 and more. This position also provides strategic oversight to assigned projects, working closely with the Marketing, Communications and Annual Giving team to ensure a sustainable source of annual and major giving support for Guelph General Hospital.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts, is a member of the senior manager group of The Foundation and along with the Senior Development Officer, Major and Planned Giving, plays a role in setting and executing major gift strategy. Fundraising requires a team approach. The success of the candidate in this position will be in part determined by their collaboration with colleagues across the Foundation and wider hospital.
Together with Guelph General Hospital, we seek to create a healthier community for everyone. Please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected] with subject line referencing the job title. Applications are encouraged on a rolling basis and prior to January 27, 2023.
- Manages a portfolio made up of 75-100 individuals, corporations or foundations through moves management, conducting an average of 12-15 personal visits per month. Raise an average of $1M+ annually in gifts and pledges toward the overall Foundation goal.
- Ensures that all major gift activities are appropriately recorded for the purposes of reporting, tracking and knowledge-sharing.
- Contributes to the annual business planning processes for the Foundation and monitors benchmarks to ensure revenue growth and program success.
- Develops compelling cases for support and personalized opportunities for donor stewardship, connecting donors with the impact of their giving.
- Develops proposals, reports, day to day correspondence, acknowledgement, asks and presentations to secure or steward support.
- Serves as member of the Foundation manager group, participating in developing strategies to achieve organization-wide goals and provide leadership to the team.
- Identifies, researches and cultivates new potential donors and sponsors to grow and expand the diversity of our major gift pipeline.
- Works closely with senior volunteers, hospital leadership and other staff/physician partners to build lasting relationships with donors.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Foundation in the local community.
- With the manager group, devises strategy for future major gift projects and campaigns.
- Provides leadership for the Foundation team, and commits to living our organization values of collaboration, compassion, innovation, inclusivity and integrity.
- Sets annual goals for professional growth and development, in consultation with the CEO.
- Commits to staying abreast of community, non-profit and business trends and developments in order to inform our work, identify potential opportunities and keep up with best practices.
Required Experience and Skills*
- Excellent communication skills, especially written and oral presentation.
- Commitment to highest levels of professional standards and ethics, and knowledge of charitable regulations.
- Passion for transforming healthcare through giving and building relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, motivated by deadlines and measurable outcomes.
- Strong computer literacy and database experience. Knowledge of MS Office and Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- University degree preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience; CFRE an asset.
- Preference for 5-10 years of progressive experience in fundraising, with a demonstrated track record of successfully securing gifts of $10,000 and up from individuals, corporations and/or foundations.
Desirable Attributes and Competencies
- Self-starter who can think strategically and with imagination, who possesses a good sense of humour along with the ability to inspire others.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of individual donors, corporations and other funding bodies in order to develop mutually beneficial relationships.
- Experience translating complex, scientific or institutional language into compelling cases for support.
- Track record working effectively in a fundraising environment with senior volunteers, board members and internal stakeholders.
- Experience with capital campaigns, healthcare sector and knowledge of the Guelph community are strong assets.
*Not everyone fits neatly into a box. We value new perspectives and skills that divergent experience brings. If you have transferrable skills from other areas, and feel you can make a meaningful contribution to our work, please apply.
What we offer:
Fast-paced, customer-service and mission-driven team environment. Significant amount of activity outside the office for meetings with donors, prospects and volunteers. Occasional evening or weekend work such as events. Hybrid work option for those who prefer it.
This is a regular full-time position, based on 37.5 hour of work, with the expectation that senior managers will flex their time to meet the shifting demands of the job to ensure a fulfilling balance of work/life.
Salary range: $72,500 to $89,000. Exact salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and in accordance with internal equity and guidelines. An excellent benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan is included within a healthy and respectful workplace, which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of patients, staff and our community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date.
Posted December 23, 2022
Request for Quote – Graphic Designing
Tour de Guelph is a fundraising partnership between The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, The Rotary Club of Guelph South and The Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium. Tour de Guelph 2023 will be the event’s 10th annual event. It will be held on Sunday, June 25th.
SEEKING: Graphic designer to evolve the Tour de Guelph logo and create key graphic assets
Required graphic assets required* are:
- Website banner (1800 x 640)
- Email Banner (600 x 300)
- Big Box Ad (300 x 250)
- Cycling Jersey Design
*Working files must be provided to allow event organizers to adapt sizing for all remaining
- Tour de Guelph Logo
- Presenting sponsor logo
- Sunday, June 25th, 2023
- 10th Annual Community Ride: Together, we’ll ride and fundraise to $1 Million!
Project Timelines – Key Milestones
- Creative Briefing Meeting w/o January 9th
- Logo & Creative Development Presentation w/o January 23rd
- Revisions/ Finalize Logo & Creative w/o January 30th
- Logo files and graphic assets due February 3rd
For more information click here.
Please submit quotes to Elizabeth Stewart by email: [email protected] by 12:00 noon, Friday December 23, 2022. Along with your quote, please submit past examples of your work that are relevant to our design needs. Please also confirm that you can meet our timelines.
Manager, Annual Giving, Marketing & Communications
The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital
E: [email protected]
T: 519-837-6440 x2296
Join our Board
At The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, we say we save lives and improve health, together with our community. We do this by working with donors to inspire donations to fund every piece of patient-care equipment at Guelph General Hospital. Equipment as essential as IV pumps, surgical scopes and diagnostic scanners are available only because of generous financial gifts from within the community.
The Foundation is recruiting candidates to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
We are seeking results oriented leaders from a broad range of backgrounds who can help us meet our primary mission of raising funds. Applications are welcome from all interested candidates, and we particularly welcome applications from those with the following attributes:
- legal expertise
- governance experience (Chartered Director designation)
- networking and fundraising experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Foundation Board: makes planning and policy decisions; provides financial stewardship related to budget, investments and granting; becomes active in the fundraising process of identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors and volunteers; and approves and monitors implementation of the strategic and annual plans. Board members serve as enthusiastic, positive, knowledgeable advocates for Guelph General Hospital and The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital.
Board members hold a three-year term, renewable once. During that time, board members are expected to:
- Prepare for and attend bi-monthly board meetings and participate fully in all discussions. Meetings are currently the third Monday of every other month at 8am.
- Participate on at least one Foundation Committee or Task Force
- Attend special events and fundraisers and represent the Foundation at community events.
- Make an annual financial commitment commensurate with financial means.
The total time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours a month
We welcome and encourage the broad range of experiences, skills and knowledge that applicants with diverse abilities, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, and ethnicity bring.
Learn more about the Foundation and our work here. Interested candidates are asked to complete the application form which can be found below. Those who have questions may contact the Foundation’s CEO, Julie Byczynski, at 519-837-6440 x2350 or [email protected].
Event Day Volunteer
We have a number of fundraising events throughout the year and each and every one of them relies on our ability to attract dedicated volunteers to help out on the day of the event. Our primary events include Black Tie Bingo and Tour de Guelph, each of which relies on close to 100 volunteers to ensure their success.
If you’re interested in joining our team of event-day volunteers, please email [email protected].