Current Career and Volunteer Opportunities with The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital
Download as a PDF document.
At The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, our purpose is ‘to save lives and improve health, together with our community.’ How? By raising funds and matching the dreams of our donors with the mission of our Hospital.
It is so important. One out of every two dollars spent on capital equipment at Guelph General Hospital comes from donor dollars.
We are currently looking for a full-time Executive Assistant.
You are dynamic and able to run with just about any task thrown your way. Your organizational skills and attention to detail will ensure you don’t miss a beat across multiple tasks in a very busy, fast-paced, service and results oriented office. Your positive attitude and friendly demeanor will help you fit right in with the Foundation team, make friends with Hospital staff, and delight donors who call or drop by.
You will be an indispensable member of our team, with the ability to make enormous contributions to productivity in our organization, which will help us to meet our fundraising goals.
You will work directly with the CEO and fundraising staff and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. You are highly self-motivated, experienced, reliable, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to identify and address the needs of the CEO and fundraising staff and perform administrative tasks to ensure the Foundation runs smoothly.
What you’ll do:
- Provide executive level administrative support for the CEO. This includes maintaining the executive’s calendar and appointment schedules, screening and prioritizing calls and emails, welcoming and greeting guests, printing information and presentation documents, making travel arrangements, coordinating and scheduling meetings, conferences, conference calls, preparing and reconciling credit card statements etc.
- Perform administrative duties. This includes researching activities and events, routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, initiating communications, and creating, formatting and editing presentations.
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the CEO in a dynamic and fast paced environment, including meeting preparation.
- Coordinate board and committee meetings including preparing agendas, packages, memos, presentations, reports, managing catering and room set up requirements, along with taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Track the purchase of donor-funded equipment from notification through to donor reporting.
- Act as the CEO’s delegate for email and phone during absences, handle/ forward issues, prioritizing for action upon return
- Back up donation processing including receipting, tracking, and preparation of thank you letters in a timely and professional manner
- Administer estate gifts and gifts of securities including tracking and correspondence
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Manage the Foundation’s ‘Special Grants’ program
- Support administrative needs of the major gifts program
- Other tasks as assigned to contribute to the team to help reach overall fundraising goals
What You’ll Need:
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- A minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in administration or other related subject.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in administration at the executive level.
- Superior time management, project management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Raisers Edge knowledge is considered an asset
- Approachable and tactful with demonstrated ability to interact professionally with people at various levels of an organization
- Sensitive and an understanding of the importance of diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, strong judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to working overtime hours if necessary
We will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage early submissions. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document, with reference to NU-17-032, by April 27, 2018 to: [email protected]
Please indicate your salary expectations as well as where you saw the job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital. Resumes will be held in strict confidence, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Event Day Volunteer
We have a number of fundraising events throughout the year and each and every one of them relies on our ability to attract dedicated volunteers to help out on the day of the event.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our upcoming Tour de Guelph event taking place on Sunday June 24, 2018. If you are interested in learning more about this event and event-day volunteer opportunities at Tour de Guelph, please visit the Volunteer Page on the Tour de Guelph website.