FGGH Career Opportunities
We are hiring!
At The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital, our purpose is ‘to save lives and improve health… together with our community.’
How? By raising funds and matching the dreams of our donors with the mission of our Hospital. It is so important. One out of every two dollars spent on capital equipment at Guelph General Hospital comes from donor dollars.
We are currently looking for a full-time Annual Giving, Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
You are dynamic and able to run with just about any task thrown your way. A propensity to figure things out and learn on the job will serve you well in this role. Your organizational skills and attention to detail will ensure you don’t miss a beat across multiple tasks in a very busy, fast-paced, service and results oriented office. Your positive attitude and friendly demeanor will help you fit right in with the Foundation Team, make friends with Hospital staff, and delight donors who call or drop by our office.
Reporting to the Manager, Annual Giving, Marketing and Communications, this new Coordinator position assists with the planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation of fundraising and donor events and also supports the marketing and communications efforts through all channels, including digital. Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, with occasional evenings and weekends. There is some work activity outside the office in meetings with volunteers and providers.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating, tracking and executing all details for signature events
- As a member of event committees, participate and provide administrative support including meeting agendas and minute taking
- Develop and coordinate production of event related marketing, promotional and sponsorship materials including invitations, event programs, group mailings, meeting materials, solicitation letters, and other correspondence
- Provide administrative support and detail coordination for sponsors, donors and guests
- Database processing: all event specific gifts, including tax receipts and acknowledgement letters; guest tracking; sponsor agreements etc.
- Liaise with contract suppliers and oversee production details
- Monitor and document event financials and budget
- Support all aspects of volunteer coordination for Signature and third-party events including recruitment of volunteers, selection, placement, orientation, training, communication and stewardship.
- Develop and update event related websites, correspondence and general communications related to event activities.
- Co-ordinate third-party fundraising event program: project approval, guidelines, ensuring support to organizers of community fundraisers
- Co-ordinate all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship events including Circle of Life and Heritage Society
Marketing and Communications
- Provide administrative support for direct mail and online initiatives
- Support Foundation communication efforts across print and digital channels including writing, graphic design, social media management, and print production
- Assist with creation of donor proposals and presentations for sponsors and major gift prospects
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience; non-profit or fundraising experience a strong asset
- Minimum three years of relevant experience as a communications and/or fundraising professional, preferably in a non-profit or health care environment
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Adobe Creative Suite will be considered an asset
- Digital marketing management, including social media management
- Basic understanding of financial reporting
- Intermediate level of expertise with all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate successful events
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal, written and digital
- Self-starter who takes initiative, welcomes responsibility and enjoys being challenged
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines with experience in project management an asset
- Strategic perspective and the ability to work within that perspective to achieve overall fund development goals
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to deal with complex tasks and issues
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and understand the importance of relationship building
- Proven ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities with minimal supervision and direction
We will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage early submissions. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document, with reference to NU-17-032, by October 17, 2017 to: [email protected]
Please indicate your salary expectations as well as where you saw the job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital. Resumes will be held in strict confidence, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.